Monday, October 1, 2018

I’m not sure I have the skills to communicate the feelings of the temple. I don’t think I do. But, if you are in tune with the Spirit He has those skills. I hope in my weak words you’ll find His mighty strength. The strength of God to carry things to one’s heart in a way no other can.

Stef and I visited the Provo City Center Temple on Tuesday. What a beautiful building. As you may know, it was an assembly hall until it burned down a few years ago. I was in it during my BYU days. In fact, I was sleeping through church in it one day with my elbows on my knees and my head in my hands. I was out! When I was awakened by tugging on my pant legs. As I opened my eyes a toddler was climbing up between my feet. She was lost! I didn’t recognize her! I looked to my right and left and no one had that “would you pass my kid this way” look on their face. No one in front of me was looking back. So, in desperation, I looked behind me for the parents who had lost their child! A few rows back Danny Ainge and his wife waived to pass Michelle back, which I gladly did!

Today, we rode the Harley to that former assembly hall now temple. There were no wandering toddlers inside. What a wonderful spirit fills that place. We loved being there! Stef did ten initiatories and I did seven. Then we each participated in an endowment session. On an earlier visit we had done baptisms and confirmations. Our first temple checked off the list of those we thoroughly visit!

Great day capped off by a short Harley ride home!




No comments: